Ok so I guess it is summer time in Florida. It has rained every afternoon this week and today was the worse. When I went to pick Kensie up from school it was raining so hard you could barely see in front of you. I just knew it was going to be crazy at school so I left about 10 mins early.
Now lets stop for a min and go over the normal pick procedure they have at her school. There is enough room for about 10-12 cars to pick up at a time. All the kids sit inside the front entrance while a teacher with a mic(that is linked to the school sound system) stands at the end of the sidewalk. When you come around the corner she will call your kids name and they are ready for you when you pull up. It usually goes so smooth. Until today...
So I pull up and see the teacher that is usually out there with no mic and a rain poncho that wasnt doing any good. As I get closer she signals for me to roll down the window and states(as a small river flows into my car) that the storm is to bad for the mic and I will have to get out at the front door and sign Kensie out. GET OUT OF THE CAR. Was she crazy? The walkway was only about 8ft from the car door and I was soaked. Poor Kensie was wet too and she only had to walk about two ft without shelter. Needless to say we are both hoping it is not raining at pick up again today!
Blog Archive
- June 2010 (2)
- February 2010 (1)
- January 2010 (1)
- December 2009 (6)
- November 2009 (2)
- October 2009 (4)
- September 2009 (1)
- August 2009 (7)
- June 2009 (4)
- May 2009 (8)
- April 2009 (3)
- March 2009 (4)
- February 2009 (3)
- January 2009 (6)
- December 2008 (2)
- November 2008 (3)
- October 2008 (2)
- September 2008 (5)
- August 2008 (2)
- March 2008 (1)
- February 2008 (1)
- January 2008 (1)
- December 2007 (3)
- November 2007 (2)