Sunday, May 17, 2009

My sweet boy...

Today as I watched you play I thought back to the longest day during my pregnancy with you. On May 16th I went to a normal DR appt and this is what I got to see! Everything was perfect, your heart and measurements were great.



The next morning I got up and started the day like any other. Around 9:30 I went to the bathroom and my heart stopped. I was bleeding so bad I knew it couldnt be good. When I called the DR they told me to come right away. Once there they took me back and asked a ton of questions. The DR gave me an exam and was worried that my water had broke along with all the bleeding. If that was the case you would not survive. I was so said since just less then 24hrs before everything was perfect. The Dr sent me directly to the hospital. Your daddy met me there and I laid on that table holding his hand and for what seemed like forever. All I could was cry. I was already in love with you and Kensie was so excited. I couldnt even think about how to explain it to her.



We were there for over an hour in just silence. Once the tech was done she left the room for about 30 min and then all they would say "your Dr would like to see, please go back to his office". I just knew it couldnt be good news....if it was why wouldnt they just say you were ok. After another hour or so waiting for the Dr he took us back to the exam room and before the door shut he let out the best words ever..."the baby's heartbeat is still going strong". It turned out I had two tears in the placenta.



There were months of bedrest and worry. You fought through this and several other issues including your cord being wrapped around your neck twice. When I hear your laugh and see you playing I remember this day and what a fighter you are. And how I could not imagine life without you.



I love you Landen.