
Today I did the something we have never done before! We made cookies and I even made icing from scratch. To tell the truth it was one of those things that just about made me nuts...but at the end of the day the kids loved it and the memories we made were great. Landen preferred to take the cookie cutters and play with them. He was not interested in the dough part. Kensie was a pro. She was planning who the cookies were going to and thats how she decided which shape to make them.
This was before the real mess started. I love this picture because he was doing his famous "cheese" as soon as he saw the camera.


After Me and Kensie got through cutting the cookies out we baked them and let them cool. She then helped me whip up some royal icing and dye it in smaller batches so we could make the most beautiful cookies. Unfortunately, once the icing came out the camera only captured a few pics. My hands were so sticky from trying to help Landen.
He learned real fast that he liked the sprinkles and wanted to put them on all the cookies how he wanted! At one point he was being some what patient and would wait for us to say sprinkle me..it was a very fun afternoon. Between Kensie's extra heavy hand with the icing and Landen right behind with the sprinkles they created some serious sugar overloads.


I can't wait to do it again next year. Although I think I learned a few tricks this year that will make it a little more fun for me as well!