However, unlike the trip out to Boise we had to be at the airport around 11am and Landen completely missed his nap. So the first flight into Salt Lake was horrible. He cried and screamed almost from the moment the plane pushed back from the gate. He was that kid you have nightmares about and hope the nightmare does not become reality. I was almost ready to cry with him.
By the time we landed I think he used ALL the energy. We had time for a quick snack before boarding the next leg where he fell asleep almost as soon as we sat down. And from what I can only believe was a gift from God for not completely loosing my mind on the first flight we had an empty seat in our row. All we kept hearing was how the flight was full and they were trying to board everyone as fast as possible. Please gate check any larger bags to make room for smaller carry ons, but when we pushed back from the gate it was just the three of us in the row. So with his Monkey as a pillow, his nice soft blanket and the window shades pulled down he slept for just about 4 hours. This plane had individual TVs with DirectTV which was cool for Kensie. She could watch movies, TV or listen to music. We had some snacks, drinks completely enjoyed the lack of ear piercing screams.
Once Landen woke up he was recharged and happy again.
While we still had some more flying to do we were able to walk around some in Atlanta and get some dinner. The last leg home Landen did pretty well with no screams until the very last 5 minutes. But I cant say I blame him as me and Kensie were done with the plane too. Once we landed I think Landen would have pushed through legs or crawled under the seats to get off that plane if I would have let go of him. Thanks to an extra stop added by the airline we went through four airports and finally walked in our front door at 2am.
I don't think I would have made it without Kensie's help. She was amazing. She never once complained about anything I asked her to do and carried her bag like a champ. When we got to Orlando Kensie was ready to run to get to Steven. It was an extremely long day and I am so happy to be a complete family again. Although we are already missing Boise.