Today we flew out to Idaho. Kensie has made the flight before but it was Landen's first time on an airplane. We went from Orlando to Salt Lake City for the first leg. At the time the flight plans were made I didnt think about how early we would have to get up to make a 7:30am flight. Kensie was up at 4:30 and Landen was put in the car at 4:45. Given that both kids had such crazy wakeup calls I was really thinking about asking for some shots on the flight! However, they both surprised me. They were happy, excited and Landen actually did great. Kensie watched a movie and played her DS.
When we got to Salt Lake there was some backup and we sat on the tarmack for about 40 min before we finally got to the gate. Then it was a fast dash to catch our connection taking us onto Boise. This flight was over before it started. Landen fell asleep as soon as we started to push back from the gate. Kensie just rested while enjoying the view of mountains that we dont see here!
It was so nice to get off the plane and be greated by Brian and Emily. It was bitter sweet since I know we will be leaving them again in no time. This visiting once a year stuff is getting real old real fast.
All and all it was a very easy day given all the new experiences and lack of real naps. I have great kiddos.