Kensie and Landen have never been camping(well Kensie wasnt old enough to remember any other trips) so this was something they both got to experience together. As we started to get ready Brian forgot that they had three extra people on this trip so he couldnt take the back seats out of the van. We literally had to put the kids in the car and pack around them. As it turns out this was a mild start to our adventure.
Once we got to the lake and setup the tent we took the kids swimming. The water here is amazing, freezing cold but clear as bath water. When I looked out over the lake I was speechless. I have been to the mountains before but never anywhere like this. As the old saving goes the pictures do not even come close to the real thing. I was shocked at how much Landen enjoyed it when he doesnt seem to like pools very much. He even fell face first a few and when Kensie grabbed him he was smiling ear to ear. Brian even went in for a short bit so Kensie could go out a little deeper.
When the kids started to turn blue we decided that we should take a break from swimming and decided to go on a hike to explore. We found this nice spot that over looked the lake and mountains. Again being from Florida this is not what we are use to seeing when we go camping!
The only group shot with got(minus Brian) the whole time we were in Boise.
Landen starting his rock climbing at an early age.
And you know you cant have a camping trip without smores. Brian started the fire with no matches and Kensie was watching ever step. Even with the packed van we still managed to forget the tongs for roasting the marshmallows. Sooo Brian created some out of extra tent stakes, pieces of wood and every mans best friend duc tape! What is it about marshmallows that makes kids love to roast them.
Once the sun went down we just sat by the fire and watched the shooting stars. It was very relaxing until some HUGE deer came stampeding by within 15ft of us. We decided that was our cue to turn in for the evening. I spent the night fighting with Landen to stay in the sleeping bag since it was soooo cold. We had the traditional camp breakfast the next morning. Both kids had a great time and I was wishing we could stay a few more nights. If the weather and scenery were this nice in Florida I might consider taking the kids camping after we get home....