Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wild Animals spotted....



Kensie's third grade field trip was to Animal Kingdom.



Kensie asked me to chaperone and I thought sure no problem. There were enough parents going that we all only had one extra kid. This didnt sound so bad until us moms decided to sick together and were way out numbered!!! Overall the kids were very good but there were times we all wanted to look for the tiki bar. One of the little girls in our group was more interesting in spending her money then actually enjoying the day away from school. I was so proud of Kensie as she conquered her fear of roller coasters(well mostly). All the kids wanted to go on the BIG Mt Everst ride but she sat that one out since there were a few other kids that did the same. Later there was a chance to ride a slightly smaller coaster and I dont think she wanted to sit out twice. I was so worried she would come off the ride crying(like every other time she has rode a coaster) but she was laughing and was so excited. It was the highlight of the day for me. While it was crazy at times it really was a lot of fun. Kensie is getting older before my eyes and there are fewer and fewer years to enjoy these kinds of things with her.